Now, I know you've all been waiting for some nice, hi-resolution shots of The Vallarta, sitting by your computers, crying, so here we go.
The first shot is of side three, nearing completion. The black dots are where I marked the glass before I cut it. They are easily removed with a little rubbing alcohol. The cotton balls were needed to hold it still while I worked. This is the best side to date, which tells me I'm learning something elusive called patience.
The second side, completed last week, is now dry. I love the way the Weldbond dries completely clear.
Here's a nice angle shot to give you a better idea of what the finished product will look like. With any luck, I'll be grouting this baby a week from now.
Below are the two new pieces I started while waiting for the other one to dry. I don't know if it was just me or the hangover, but those leaves were a bitch to cut. But I'm determined to perfect this design and develop my technique.