Confetti

This is my first cylindrical piece. It took me a full year to get to this point. I always assumed that the glue would be too wet and that the pieces would start to slide off.

To my surprise, I was able to put this together in just one evening. The trick is to apply the glue in small areas, let it dry a bit, and then press your pieces on. There may be some movement, but not nearly as much as you think. And if you've already got a few pieces well dried, you can probably use tape to anchor the loose ones (although I did not need to try this myself)

This random "confetti" candle holder came about when I noticed how much scrap glass I had laying around. After sorting it by color, I started cutting it up into pieces approximately 1/4 inch square. I had no idea what I would do with it just yet, but I told myself not to care about the shapes of the pieces. It was a lot of fun to do something that didn't require me to be accurate or careful.



I'm really impressed with the colors I chose. I didn't use any neutral colors because I wanted this to be festive and colorful. And don't we need a little color now?



After I grout this baby, I'll be posting pictures. I'm not sure where it will end up.

No comments: